The agreements are meant to boost partnership between the two countries who are willing to make of co-development a key lever to reduce poverty, create wealth and jobs and reinforce competitiveness of enterprises.
These agreements also reflect the willingness of HM King Mohammed VI and President Ouattara to give a new impetus to bilateral partnership to stand as a model for south-south cooperation.
In this respect, the 17 signed public-private partnerships are:
- Memorandum of Understanding to reinforce economic partnership to pave the way for the emergence of regional economic operators, signed the Moroccan side by Foreign Minister Salaheddine Mezouar and President of the General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises Miriem Bensaleh Cheqroun and from the Ivorian side by State and Foreign Minister Charles Koffi Diby and President of the General Confederation of Ivorian Enterprises Jean Kacou Diagou.
- Partnership agreement between the government of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire and Morocco’s Banque Centrale Populaire concerning the pre-financing of the works to renovate the headquarters of the national agency for universal telecommunications services (ANSULT). The agreement was signed by CEO of the Banque Centrale Populaire du Maroc Mohamed Benchaaboun and Ivorian Minister delegate to Prime Minister in charge of Economy and Finance.
- Partnership agreement between the government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire and the Banque Central Populaire du Maroc, relating to funding the concession, the construction and the development and exploitation of infrastructure of lagoon transport (CITRANS) signed by Mohamed Benchaaboun and Mrs Nialé Kaba.
- Partnership agreement between the government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire and the Banque central populaire, to partially fund an investment programme in oil block CI-27, signed by Mohamed Benchaaboun and Nialé Kaba.
- Partnership Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, Attijariwafa Bank Group and the Banque Centrale Populaire du Maroc on the development of industrial infrastructure fund OFID project, signed byMohamed Benchaaboun, CEO of Attijariwafa Bank Mohamed El Kettani CEO and Nial Kaba.
-Partnership Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, Banque Centrale Populaire du Maroc and Douja promotion-groupe Addoha on the construction of social housing, signed by Mohamed Benchaaboun, CEO of Addoha group Anas Sefrioui, Mohamed El kettani and Mrs. Kaba.
- Partnership agreement between the Government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire and Attijariwafa Bank on access to the Islamic finance market, signed by Mohamed El Kettani and Mrs Nial Kaba .
- Financing agreement for a project to build 3,000 school classes for a total cost of 54 billion CFA francs, signed by President and CEO of BMCE Group/ Bank of Africa Othmane Benjelloun and Mrs. Nial Kaba.
-Agreement for the issuance of bonds for 50 billion CFA francs, signed by Othman Benjelloun and Mrs Nial Kaba.
-Agreement to contribute to the funding of the budget of the state of Côte d’Ivoire, signed by CEO of Atlantic Bank Mohamed Benchaaboun and Mrs Nialé Kaba.
- Development and construction contract of three hydroelectric complexes for a total cost of 7 billion dirhams, signed by CEO of Platinum Power Omar Belmamoun and Ivorian Energy and Petroleum Minister Adama Toungara,
-Memorandum of Understanding between the oil stocks management company of Côte d’Ivoire (GESTOCI ) and Attijariwafa Bank relating to advice and support for GESTOCI signed by Mohamed El Kettani and CEO of GESTOCI Brahima Doumbia.
-Memorandum of Understanding between Alliances Côte d'Ivoire and Ivorian society construction and property management ( SICOGI ), signed by CEO of Alliances Côte d'Ivoire Alami Nafakh Lazrak, and Director General of the Ivorian society for construction and property management Loukimane Camara.
-Cooperation Agreement between the General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Morocco in Côte d’Ivoire, signed by Miriem Bensaleh Cheqroun and President of the Moroccan Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Cote d'Ivoire Abdellah El Hamdouni.
-Memorandum of Agreement between the center for investment promotion in Côte d’Ivoire (CEPICI) and the Société Ciments de l’Afrique (CIMAF SA), signed by President and CEO of Ciments de l’Afrique Anas Sefrioui and Director General of CEPICI Emmanuel Essis.
-Agreement to build a cement production and packing plant with an output capacity of 500,000 tons per year, signed by CEO of Anwar Invest Group El Hachmi Boutgueray and Emmanuel Esmel Essis .
The private-private partnerships signed during the ceremony are seven and they are as follows :
-Memorandum of Understanding between the company Fenie Brossette Côte d’Ivoire (SOMED group)and the and the group Attijariwafa Bank on the extension of the representation of Fenie Brushhead trade in other countries in the area of economic and Monetary Union of West Africa (UEMOA ), signed Mohamed El Kettani and senior manager at Fenie Brushhead Ivory Coast Marouane Tarafa.
- Funding Agreement of an investment in the capital of the Companie de distribution de Côte d’Ivoire for the development of supermarkets in the region of the Economic Community of West Africa, signed by President and CEO of Label Vie group Zouhair Bennani, Mohamed El Kettani and CEO of the Companie de distribution de Côte d’Ivoire.
-Financing agreement for the construction of 6,000 social housing units, signed by CEO of Palmeraie Development group and Othmane Benjelloun.
-Memorandum of Understanding for the development of a branch of animal feed signed by Director General of Zalagh Holding Siham Benhamane and President of the Board of Directors Atlantic Banque Internationale Souleymane Diarrassouban and Pesident of the board of directors of the Société Ivoirienne de Productions Animales Jean Marie Ackah.
-Financing Agreement for Holmarcom projects in Côte d’Ivoire signed bby President of Holmarcom group Mohamed Hassan Bensaleh and CEO of Atlantique Banque Mohamed Benchaaboun.
-Financing Agreement of projects of Label Vie in Côte d’Ivoire signed CEO of group Best for finance Zouhair Bennani and Mohamed Benchaaboun.
-Framework Cooperation Agreement between the group Best for finance, the Compagnie de distribution de Côte d’Ivoire and Bank of Africa Côte d’Ivoire signed by Othmane Benjelloun, Zouhair Bennani and CEO of the Compagnie de distribution de Côte d’Ivoire Yasser Azzedine.
At the end of the signing ceremony, the joint statement issued wrapping up the official visit of President Ouattara to the Kingdom of Morocco was signed by Foreign Minister Salaheddine Mezouar and State Minister and Ivorian Foreign Minister Charles Koffi Diby.